Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Brain Lecture

From the lecture, I learned that different parts of the brain control different bodily functions and that damaging parts of the brain affects the function it controls. I didn't really get what this had to do with "self" since it was entirely tangible, and though the people in the classroom video had brain damage, they were still the same people. Not being able to recognize what something is used for is a physical damage and does not change the person's individual characteristics.

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure I totally agree with this. Although, the brain lectures and video discribe things like loss of control, they also described how damage impacted personality and perception, which is part of "self"

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I thought that it was really interesting how you could damage your brain, but only one that one part of the brain would be damaged. I think that the damage to the brain has to do with losing apart of your "self". Not being able to remember certain things about yourself or not having the same personality.

    ReplyDelete